01 DESTINATIONS OF USE
- On what kind of surfaces can POLISHDE and HONED porcelain stoneware tiles be installed?
Polished and honed porcelain stoneware tiles can be installed on indoor floors and as a wall cladding in indoor and outdoor areas.
- Can POLISHED and HONED porcelain stoneware tiles be installed in COMMERCIAL venues?
Yes, if the area does not require special anti-slip features.
- On what kind of surfaces can WHITE BODY TILES be installed?
White body tiles can only be used as a wall cladding in indoor areas.
- Is it possible to use GLASZED porcelain stoneware tiles for OUTDOOR flooring?
Josies Bathrooms offers a wide range of outdoor finishes able to satisfy aesthetic and technical needs for this type of application.
As a general rule, the use of glazed porcelain stoneware for outdoor flooring is not recommended as (other than tiles with the GRIP finish) this type of product does not have the suitable anti-slip requirements to guarantee the safety.
- What type of porcelain stoneware tiles are recommended for large-scale architecture projects?
For large-scale projects subject with high traffic, Josies Bathrooms recommends the use of technical porcelain stoneware collections or coloured in body porcelain stoneware.
02 INSTALLATION OF CERAMIC TILES
- Is it possible to INSTALL ceramic tiles without JOINTS? What are the recommended grout lines?
We Do not recommend installing tiles without joints.
The width of grout lines must be decided during project-planning and keeping in mind the following considerations:
• Dimensional characteristics of tiles (rectified joint-less products: 1-2mm depending on the size or not-rectified open-joint products)
• Type of support/substrate
• Destination of use of the material (indoor/outdoor floor or indoor/outdoor wall cladding)
• Any standard and/or regulation in force in the country where the tiles shall be installed
- How can I choose the correct GROUT COLOUR for a product?
Josies Bathrooms staff are always at your disposal to advice you and choose the best grout colour according to tiles to be installed, providing you with the product codes of grouts.
- In a worksite, how can the ceramic material be PROTECTED after installation and before delivery to final customers?
In the period between installation and consignment, the ceramic tiled surface must:
• Be kept clean and free from any cement, sand or other dirt residue which can cause stains and/or mechanical abrasion to the surface
• Be protected from any damage caused by the presence of other operators (painters, electricians, carpenters, etc.)